Sunday, December 12, 2010

November 2010 and My Christmas Present

In October they ruled out PCOS and gave me Femara.  We were set for insemination.  The words turkey baster never meant so much.  I was going to know exactly what it was like to be a turkey.  But I was ready and willing for anything.  What ever it took, I was willing to do. 

So November was our month.  We were so ready.  Paul and I talked about how soon we could be feeling a little one moving around or seeing the beautiful changes that my body would go through. 

I did everything I was told.  took the Femara the days that I was told and around the same time each day.  Femara was suppose to work, right...well not for me or there was something else wrong.  Numerous ovulation predictor test strips later...nothing.  Lots of phone calls to the doctors office explaining what was going on, only to be told that Dr. Archer is no longer with them.  Great, now what?  Then I get a phone call later that evening from a doctor in Dr. Archer's old office.  No only did she not pull my file before she called me, I had to explain everything to her.  UGH!!! I was so frustrated.  Here we were making the next steps, then to hit another brick wall.   November came and went....two negative pregnancy tests and lots of tears, it was time to go back to the doctor who means the world to me.  Dr. Jill Green.

So, a phone call to her office made me feel 100% better.  On Tuesday, December 7th I went in for blood work to see if I had ovulated.  On the same day, I went back to the office later that day and met with Dr. Green.  We talked about everything that had been going on in the last 16 months and what our next steps were. 

On December 27th I have surgery.  It's called a laparoscopy.  Dr. Green will go in through my belly button and use a camera to look around.  Then she will laser out any endometriosis that I have.  Then she is going to inject dye into my tubes and make sure they aren't blocked. 

Everyone keeps asking me what Paul and I want for Christmas, how can you tell someone the only thing that you want, you can't have or they can't give me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment