Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Introducing Cora Jean Lenfert

We opted to do Kangaroo Care after delivery.  Kangaroo Care is right after the baby is born, they place her in blankets on the mom, clean them off as much as possible, put a cap on their head and a diaper on the butt, and then place baby skin to skin against mom's chest.  Miss Cora and I got to bond for an hour like that.  I loved every second of it and highly recommend it.  The first hour of Cora's life, she got to bond with her mom on the outside instead of just on the inside.  After my hour was up, Paul got his turn.  I'm not sure how long he got to hold her, but it wasn't long enough lol! 

After that, she was given back to me to hold so they could take me down to the 4th floor where Cora and I would stay.  They wheeled me to the nursery and Paul and Cora went in.  My nurses were sweet enough to let us hang around outside so we could hear the weight and length.  Miss Cora was 7 lbs 3.5 ozs and 21 inches long.  My baby girl was 13 days early.  Cora Jean Lenfert was born at 2:38 a.m. on Thursday, October 27th, 2011.  More to come later about our lastest adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment