Monday, May 14, 2012

Throo the Zoo 5k!

Cora and I competed in our first 5k.  Well technically it was my third and Cora's 2nd, but this time she could watch everything lol.  The first year I walked it with Mom, the 2nd year I was pregnant and walked with my friend Candy, this year I jogged/walked it!  I did an amazing job if I do say so myself!  I'm so proud.  I ran 2 1/2 miles of the 3.1 mile course and if you have ever been to the Louisville Zoo, that's an awesome accomplishment with all the hills.  I'm still so proud of myself!!  Anyway, Paul and I are going to continue to run together as I have another 5k coming up in July.  Look out Louisville Color Run!!  Cora did great.  She slept pretty much the entire way.  She woke up around the last 100 yards because she heard people yelling.  I came in 1353 with a time of 39:08.0.  Paul's chip didn't read but his watch time was 26.12.0.  There were 2044 chips that read but I've heard that there were several that didn't read so I'll say I was in the middle of the pack lol. 

This weekend was very busy for us.  With the 5k under my belt, we then went to Dennis and Kathy's to celebrate Mother's Day with Grandma Lenfert.  We had brunch there and gave gifts to Kathy.  Then we headed out to Buffalo Trace Campground (if you haven't been there, I recommend it!).  Mom, Dad, Jared, Geoff, Scotty, Emily, Lily, Macy, Phil and Doris were all camping out there.  Jared had a double header (they lost :( ).  

The gifts that the Mother's received are as follows:


They also got an 8 x 10 from Cora's 6 month photoshoot.  It was so hard to choose because there were so many good ones.  I narrowed it down to 5 and then made Paul pick for his mom.  Here are a few of my favorites (there are 119 to choose from):





















See I told you it was hard to choose!

They also got something similar to this (for some reason it won't post my actual picture):


So there you go!  Hope all the moms had a fabulous Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment