Saturday, June 18, 2011

Its a.....

We had the most amazing ultrasound yesterday evening.  We arrived at Clark Memorial Hospital for our ultrasound at around 5:35 p.m.  Yes, you read that right, I had to wait the entire day to see if Monkey was going to let us know whether it was a he or a she.  Monkey had been kicking the entire day and I was worried that we would not be able to see what he/she was. 

Well Rachel, our tech was absolutely amazing!  She asked if we wanted to know the gender, and I blurted out YES!  She just grinned and laughed.  Paul was his usual quiet self.  She was super sweet, patient, and was going to showed us everything on the baby.  As soon as she put the gel and the wand on my stomach (which is awesome because it's warm) we were viewing a crotch shot!!  Our kids apparently isn't shy at all!  So yes, we found out what gender Monkey is, however we aren't sharing just yet. 

Rachel showed us Monkey's heart's four chambers, the kidneys, the bladder, the spine (in several views), hands, feet, arms, legs, pretty much everything Rachel did or measured, she showed us and made sure we saw it....if we didn't she backed up and took a picture to show us.  She pointed out everything.  Our kiddo has no secrets now.  At one point Monkey decided that they were done and hid behind the placenta (which is on the bottom and why I've been feeling Monkey kicking/moving like crazy is what Rachel explained).  Rachel had to tilt me almost on my head to see if she could get the rest of the measurements that she needed.  Rachel gave us two prints one of the gender shot (the first first shot) and then a profile picture.  She put the rest on a CD for us.  I believe there are seven total. 

It was the most amazing experience of my life!  I couldn't believe how big Monkey is now compared to last time.  Monkey is bigger than a softball and weighs 10 oz. (Rachel guessed 12).  Monkey's spine, head, arms, legs, and everything looked great!!  I smiled and couldn't believe it the entire time!  Paul was quiet most of the time.  When it was over and Rachel had left us, I asked him if he was disappointed and he said No. Just relieved that everything was perfect on our kiddo.  He was so worried that something would be wrong and didn't even mention it.  Me on the other hand, was so excited to just see how big and what gender Monkey was, that none of that was even in my mind! 

No disappointment on our end, we are ecstatic!  The hardest part is not saying anything.  Just wait until I tell you the story of why!  That's an amazing story too!  And I'll post pictures with the next post, so be sure  to come back after next week and check out what Paul and I made!

No comments:

Post a Comment