Monday, June 27, 2011

Grammy Shower and news....

Thanks to my wonderful family this weekend!  So the long wait to find out what gender Monkey is, is over.  After our vacation to Washington D.C. and then the annual Rehmel/Gardner Family Reunion, we could finally announce. 

With the help of my wonderful family, we threw my mom a Grandmother's shower that also was a reveal shower.  My family was great!  Numerous presents for the Grandma to be of soon to be three!  She should be fully prepared to watch my nieces overnight and our new little one.  My Uncle even provided MREs (yup, the military Meal Ready to Eats lol and adult depends!!)!  Gotta love Uncle John he always makes us smile!  So, after much gift opening and much debate over the gender of Monkey, Mom finally got to open the very last present...the gift from Paul and I.  There was a catch though, After pulling out numerous items for Lily and Macy, then gender neutral items.  She had to dig around a huge container of gold fish crackers, bracelets for the girls, an outfit for Lily, neutral baby clothes and numerous other items to find the true colors.  Finally, at the bottom of the bag she pulled out three PINK outfits.  Yup, we broke the Rehmel tradition.... We are having a GIRL!!  Then she pulled out the pictures of the ultrasound and was super excited. 

After numerous protests and demands for another ultrasound (which I'll get to in a minute) everyone was so excited.  I even made a tank top with "Cora Jean" with two baby feet and then "11-9-11" on it.  Of course it was in pink and purple writing and one foot was pink while the other was purple.  I revealed my shirt after mom opened her present.  Once she read the name she cried again.  Jean is a family name in several ways but mainly I have an Uncle Gene and Jean is my mom's middle name.  It also turns out that I had a great aunt Cora too! 

Much partying and fun was had by all.  The kids had a pinata that they broke open, squirt guns, and tutu's.  It was so cute to see so many little girls running around in tutus! 

I still hear protests from my family about how they still think it's a boy...not to worry though, we have another ultrasound in 4-6 weeks.  Apparently I have placenta previa.  My placenta is covering my cervix and if it doesn't move, I'll have to have a c-section.  I'm not worry though.  Dr. Allen seems to think it will move.  I'm embarrassing it.  If they have to cut Monkey out of me, so be it.  As long as both of us are safe and healthy, I'm for whatever Dr. Allen feels is necessary!  Plus they had to dialate my cervix open to get pregnant, so we knew we had a pretty good shot of having a c-section anyway.  
So I can officially say:  It's a GIRL!!  It's a GIRL!!  It's a GIRL!!  It's a GIRL!!  It's a GIRL!!  It's a GIRL!!  It sure feels great to finally get to say It's a GIRL!!! 

More from Jesi and Cora later.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment